Traveling during a pandemic can be a daunting experience. You may be feeling a little trapped in your home and in need of a break from your normal routine. There are so many ways in which you can travel safely during the pandemic. Recently I went on a trip to Maine for some much-needed relaxation.
Before deciding on a travel location, we did some research. What states are allowing visitors from where we live, how would we get there and what is there to do. Personally I feel fairly safe doing outdoor activities while wearing a mask. We ended up taking a short trip to Maine.
The reason we decided on Maine was because it is close to our home, they are accepting people from our state without the 14-day quarantine and we could easily spend time outside away from others.
Here are some helpful travel tips we used while planning our visit:
- Check regulations for the state you are visiting
- Some states require you to have a 14-day quarantine once you enter while others are welcoming people from specific states.
- Check the CDC website as well
- Before you decide to travel check the CDC website for any useful advice and information. You want to be informed about the area that you are traveling to and some states have different restrictions and laws.
- Stay close to home
- If you are feeling a little stir crazy and you want to get out of the house there may be some great options close to home. You don’t need to go far to get a break from your normal routine.
- Bring enough clean masks for the duration of your trip
- The CDC is recommending that we wear a mask when interacting with others. When traveling you want to make sure you wear it at all times when you are around others. Some states have different regulations so it is important to check in advance.
- Hand sanitizer should be carried at all times
- To ensure you keep yourself and your family safe it is important to practice healthy hand habits. When washing your hands make sure you are doing so for a long enough duration of time (20 seconds), use hand sanitizer often and do not touch your face.
- Find fun things to do outdoors
- Outside dining
- Zoo trips
It is so important to take a moment away for yourself. Unfortunately, today it’s not as easy as it was a year ago to plan a trip. There are so many more factors that come into play with our current situation. Do not let that be a deterrent for you to enjoy some time away. Just remember to do so safely!